"Treat a disaster as you would a triumph."
That's a quote The Wife sent to me today.
I thought about it for a few seconds, and realized... hey, I already do that!
Whether it's a disaster or a triumph, my reaction is the same... I drink good beer!
I'm a good Buddhist after all!
Except I drink alcohol and they don't.
I never looked good in orange anyway....
Many praises to Jon Emery for the video link above.
The tally continues:
Tuesday 3/18 - INFEST practice night
- GRAND TETON BREWING PURSUIT OF HOPPINESS IMPERIAL RED - Beer #444, good one, next to barrel-aged, I'm a sucker for anything imperial
- GOOSE ISLAND 312 URBAN PALE ALE - Beer #445, not to be confused with the 312 Urban Wheat Ale. Which one was Obama's favorite beer? I've had corn whisky, and it blows. This tastes like corn beer. I need to hang out with Obama and turn him on to some good shit. Well, I am going to DC in 4 weeks.
- GROLSCH PREMIUM PILSENER - Beer #446, run of the mill, but not bad for a beer you can find everywhere; it gets the job done, and it's not as watery and bland as most American mass consumption beers.
- SUDWERK BREWING DOPPELBOCK ULTIMATOR - Beer #447, I remember going to this Davis, CA based brewery waaaay back in the mid-90s, when I really wasn't a beer person. Chris W. was just talking about this place, and out of the blue, I found this 12 ozer. Yum! Looks like a trip to NorCal is in order after all.
- PIKE BREWING TANDEM DOUBLE ALE - Beer #448, I absolutely fell into a serious man-crush with the Pike IPA and Extra Stout; this one... eh.... not so much. As Mr. Loaf says, two outta three ain't bad.
- ANGEL CITY SPECIAL WINTER VANILLA PORTER 2013 - Beer #449, Love this brewery and 98% of what they do; this fell into the 2%. Blech. Bottle didn't hold up well. I've had this on tap and enjoyed it. This 2013 bottle was past its prime and tasted like novelty soda.
- THE LOST ABBEY INFERNO ALE - Beer #450, they cork it, so you know they're serious.
- LEFT COAST HOP JUICE DOUBLE IPA - Beer #451, good, but I've had it even better on draught.
- UNCOMMON BREWERS BALTIC PORTER - Beer #452, Heavy on the anise, which works perfectly with this style; I need to find out more about this Santa Cruz based outfit. Both Uncommon brews I've had so far have been top notch. Not to mention both were in cans
|Big Swell + Tina Yothers = Swell Yothers|
- BOULEVARD BREWING THE SIXTH GLASS QUADRUPEL ALE - Beer #453, Yum.
- BOULEVARD BREWING TANK 7 FARMHOUSE ALE - Beer #454, Way yummier.
- MAUI BREWING BIG SWELL IPA - Beer #455, decent IPA, nondescript, but if I was on a beach in Hawaii I wouldn't turn this down.
- SIX RIVERS BREWERY MOONSTONE PORTER - Beer #456, worst porter I've had since Pismo Beach Brewing. Doesn't taste like a porter. Tastes like a bad batch that could be pawned off to hipsters as a sour. I don't like to hate on breweries, but I strongly dislike this beer.
- BOULEVARD BREWING BOURBON BARREL QUAD - Beer #457, Bourbon? I'm listening. Barrel? I'm listening more attentively. Brewed with cherries? Doesn't sound like the best idea, but turns out it's the best idea. I love it. The Wife says she would drink this everyday. Thanks to Eric King for the hook up.
- EVIL TWIN HOP FLOOD AMBER ALE - Beer #458, sounds like the billionth IPA, but it's actually a hop bomb amber. Killer.
- FLYING DOG OLD SCRATCH AMBER LAGER - Beer #459,Good one.
- GOOSE ISLAND THE ILLINOIS IMPERIAL IPA - Beer #460, my favorite Goose Island output by far, and the high price reflects the quality.
- FLYING DOG DOGGIE STYLE PALE ALE - Beer #461, Another good Flying Dog, Steadman or no.
- THE LOST ABBEY SAINT'S DEVOTION - Beer #462, mildly sour & floral Belgian style blonde-wit-golden; friggin' perfect